Wednesday, March 11, 2009

The Power of Jade

I bought a beautiful pink jade pendant on one of my trips to China. J found it recently and asked if she could wear it . While we were out and about that day, I mentioned that some people consider Jade to be lucky. She was thrilled to have a lucky pendant around her neck.

Somewhere during the day ‘lucky’ morphed into ‘all seeing, all knowing, all powerful’. J was asking it questions, getting advice, seeking favors. If she banged her arm she asked it to make her arm stop hurting-and it did. When we visited the cats at the shelter she asked it to help her get used to the smell-and she did.

She wore it to school yesterday and told her closest friends of its power. It wouldn’t work for some of them, which J just shrugged off with “well, it works for me!”. I hope it holds its power for a couple of weeks when the standardized testing comes up at school. I am going to ask it to help J read the directions and the questions on the test before she goes ahead and answers them.


Photo 55 - Day 70

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

E, the character is Fu.
~M