Tuesday, March 10, 2009

One is a lonely number

Here we have a cat lying in a bed all by herself. Most people looking at this picture would see a cat lying on a quilt. I see a cat missing from the bed…We lost our 17 ½ year old friend McKinley a couple of weeks ago.

Fifteen plus years ago I went to the shelter looking for a friend for Hannah and found a cat named Travis. He had been diagnosed with insipidus diabetes and required shots three times a week…he also required a ton of cat litter…He purred so loudly when I picked him up I thought he loved me (it was a nervous thing he did - who knew). I knew I could manage giving him shots (totally had no idea the amount of litter he would use) and I took him home.

His first night I saw him sitting so regally in a chair that I knew that dumb Travis name would have to go...I would name him after a president and I chose McKinley...his name always fit.

Hannah and McKinley had been with each other for 15 years. Those first couple of days without him she would sit at the top of the stairs and watch me leave in the morning looking like “and what am I supposed to do all day?”

I have a couple of 'ok' pictures of him but I have one in mind that does him justice and when I find it again it will make the blog.

Photo 51 - Day 69

0 comments: