Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Ohhhhh…I forgot

I was out enjoying a lunchtime car ride yesterday. I worked from home because of an appointment and took advantage of lunch time to celebrate Fat Tuesday at the quilt shop. Fat Quarters were at a bargain price!

From the backseat where the 5 yr old sits …”owwwww my neck, my neck…something's poking it” I am asking the normal questions and keep getting something cryptic that makes no sense to me. Finally I zero in on the problem...

Mom: Is it the Velcro from the pillow attaching to the car seat?
S: No – like the movie, you know when the girl puts it on her neck.
Mom: What movie?
S: Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
Mom (Uh-Oh…this can’t be good.): What did the girl put on her neck?
S: Her gum. ‘member, she put it behind her neck for later?
Mom: She put it behind her ear – Did you put your bubblegum behind your neck?
S: Ohhhhh…I forgot

Good thing I go to a full service quilt shop. Armed with Peanut Butter and ice from their breakroom, I had S with her head on a table in the classroom as I worked in the wad of gum and hair that was at the top of the back of her neck. We were quite successful, there was only a little hair lost and she did not need a reverse Mohawk haircut.

Here we have her, the gum chewing, going-for-the-record girl from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. S absorbed this fascinating process but never mentioned that she found it interesting. She has since learned that anywhere near hair is not a good place for gum.


Photo 44 - Day 56

0 comments: