Thursday, February 5, 2009

Atten-hut!

Today’s pics highlight J. It was boot camp day at school today and that style is her style. The shirts are available in blue (her favorite color) and pink but she went camo as she thought it looked more like real boot camp. The dog tag is a previous award for perfect attendance.

In her elementary school boot camp refers to a prep program they do to get ready for the standardized testing in April. Teaching to the test…hmmm…I remember getting an old prior-year philosophy test in college. Rumor was the test didn’t change much so we could study from it. My friend and I both got As but our copy had been so dead-on, it felt like we had done something we shouldn’t have. Apparently we are off the guilt hook on that one, as teaching to the test seems to be an approved method.

Photo 18 –Day 36

Below we have one of J’s prized possessions. It’s her foam finger. She really, really wanted one for her birthday last fall – she got one. It is a fond memory – “Remember, when I got my foam finger? That was a great day.” I'm not sure why it is wearing the mandarin jacket – it usually does not get dressed. Just wanted to build it into a display, I guess.
Photo 19 – Day 36

0 comments: