Friday, January 23, 2009

It's a trick...

It’s a trick and I fall for it alarmingly frequently…

Look at the silly giggly girls that first little while after they get into bed...they forget their differences from earlier in the day and become the best of friends bonding over that common enemy - sleep.

Or is that common enemy me? Have they figured out that which is my weakness? It's so hard to interrupt the warmth and bonding that exists in that bedtime hour...I listen to the soft giggles, the stories they act out with their favorite furry friends and I can occassionally peek in and see as big sister J holds S and reads a favorite story.

I enjoy that evening hour as I can sew, fold laundry, or catch up on email/blog reading while listening to my girls as they are building a sisterly bond that will last their whole lives...or at least it will last until 'someone touches my animal' or 'someone doesn't like the book I picked' or 'someone won't let me sleep'.

Hope springs eternal as I know the next night will be the same, I'll listen to my happy girls bond and inevitably wait a couple minutes too long before yelling "Bedtime means sleeping!"

curses, foiled again...........

Photo 2 - Day 23

0 comments: