Thursday, January 29, 2009

All School Show

J's school had their annual performance this evening. The pictures are interesting. J was the first grader that gave a speech and even being in the front row I was too far from the too dimly lit mid-stage where she stood. She did a great job with her speech - she had some funny parts, made sure she mentioned her wiener dog "because people always laugh at the word wiener, mom". Her speech was well received by people she knew and those she didn't. I mentioned afterwords that I heard people laugh and she said, "I know...they laughed at parts that weren't even supposed to be funny, but they laughed and that's what matters most to me."

Before tonight's speech she said she was not doing one again next year. On the ride home she said, "I'll do a speech in 2nd grade and third grade but then that's all...I think that will be enough don't you?"

No photo of the speaker, but here is one of the loyal listeners.


Photo 8 - Day 29

0 comments: